Project Life 2014 Week 11

9:20 PM


Week 11 was all about family....and home repairs.

Alyssa was home for Spring Break, which was a real treat. I love how important family is to her. She took her Nan out to lunch as a belated birthday present & then her Nan took her shopping afterwards. Alyssa came home with a new griddle, mixer, and an external hard drive.

Alyssa also planned a dinner with the Quiroz clan at Village Inn Pizza - her favorite place on the planet. It was a big, loud affair with lots of pizza consumed.

The other major event was the massive thaw - and the subsequent leak in our roof. We're still waiting for it to dry out enough to seal the hole so we can then repaint the ceiling in the dining room!

Anyways, here's the spread for Week 11:


I used the Azure kit this week. The yellows in the kit went really well with the exterior shots of my house. I wasn't too sure about the design of the cards when I first got them, but now that I see them in a spread, I like the softness of the colors & the minimalistic approach of the designs.

Here's the left side...


The lettering on the title card was cut using my brand spanking new Silhouette Cameo. Sheets of letter stickers with missing "e's" have now been banished from my scrap room!

And the right side...


The gorgeous die cut in the top left pocket is from Studio Calico's Sugar Rush collection. I plan on doing the same die cut for Week 12 using coordinating card stock for whatever PL kit I choose to use.

A social studies teaching job opened up in a town about 20-30 minutes away from my town. Of course I applied - but I'm not holding out any hopes. In small towns like that, they like to hire locally if they're able. And seeing as social studies teachers are a dime a dozen, well, the odds aren't in my favor.

And that's all she wrote for this week!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images